The Quiz Bowl
Download Rules & Regulations (PDF)
Download Quiz Bowl Sample Terms(PDF)
As a Quiz Bowl competitor, you will be teamed up with three other students from different colleges. If your team of four makes it through this round-robin event, points will be awarded to each college represented on the team. Seven questions will be asked each round as two teams face off until the winner is declared.
The OCMC kicks off on Thursday night with the Quiz Bowl hosted at Chrysler Theater, Downtown Campus. Everyone attends this exciting event to cheer on their home college.
- 7 questions per round....
- 4 questions from textbooks... not definitions directly from the text...students must understand the concepts explained in the textbooks
- 3 questions on current events from Strategy Magazine
- A tie-breaker will be 3 questions from the textbooks
4 of the 7 Quiz Bowl questions are derived from definitions found in specific chapters of the following 3 textbooks:
- Chapters 6, 14,and 15: Think Marketing, 1st Edition, Tuckwell, Pearson Education.
- Chapters 13,and 14: Marketing, 8th Canadian Edition, Crane, McGrawHill Ryerson.
- Chapters 3,and 9: MKTG, 2nd Canadian Edition, Lamb, Nelson.
3 of the 7 Quiz Bowl questions are drawn from the content of the following magazines:
- Strategy Magazine, June/ September/ October Issues
- The student simply goes to the web page of http://strategyonline.ca/issue/ to download and study from these issues as they become available (normally by the middle of the preceding month)